Ministry at Faith – Covid-19
Hello, People of Faith,
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. Psalm 91:1-3
We are glad to announce that we are resuming on-site live services Sunday, May 3rd. We will continue to offer live stream and audio recording of the service. While we are encouraged by the news that we can resume worship and other activities, it’s with the understanding that things won’t be like they were. Not everyone should attend worship yet. Use your best judgment on whether to attend service in person. Don’t attend until you are comfortable doing so.
There are many different opinions on what is safe and unsafe at this time. Our policy is to stay within the parameters of the Governor’s directives and the County guidelines. Links to the most current ones are included with this letter. We aren’t mentioning everything included there. Check those links for definitions and details and call us if you have questions.
Here’s what you can expect if you decide to attend the live service.
- Vulnerable individuals are encouraged to stay home until restrictions are lifted.
- Seating will be rearranged so strict physical distancing (6’) can be maintained between non-household members.
- Avoid congregating in hallways, entrances, or bathrooms.
- Refrain from handshakes, hugs, and physical touch. Hands-free greeting is encouraged!
- Communion will be offered after the service. Instructions will be given at the service on how to do it safely.
- The staff will be using face masks when not singing or speaking upfront and we encourage everyone attending to follow our example. Bring your own mask if you can, but we will have some to give out here at church.
- We will not have Nursery Care or Children’s Church until we’ve reached a later phase of reopening. Children should stay with their parents while at church.
- We won’t offer food or beverages before or after the service and the Cup of Soul Coffee Shop won’t be open until a later date.
News on Other Activities
- Our church offices will be open. Office hours will resume. 9:00 to 3:00 Monday through Thursday and by appointment
- Sunday School is anticipated to resume in the fall
- Adult Sunday School will continue to meet online.
- Bible Studies will make their own decisions on where and how to meet.
- Youth Group will continue to meet online until we reach phase 2 of the reopening.
- Wednesday Night Service will not meet.
- Building use will be available to groups that can meet Phase 1 Directives and can sanitize after their use.
- Faith keepers will meet along with other small groups working on projects around the church.
We all miss seeing each other and look forward to the day when we won’t have this threat hanging over us. In the meantime, let’s keep supporting one another and praying for each other. One of my mother’s favorite sayings was, “This too shall pass.”
Blessings on you all,